I’ve been working from home for the past seven weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the one thing that has helped me the most is having a quarantine routine. Currently I work about 65 hours a week between my full-time job, part-time job, freelancing and blogging. It’s a lot, but it’s definitely worth it, and I’ve developed my own work from home routine that I love!
While I love staying busy and working on so many different things, it’s super important to not get burned out. Here are my top tips for working from home and keeping it all together:
- Make Use of Downtime: Every job has downtime. I try to use my downtime as best I can every day. So if I have a half-hour without anything to do while I’m working my full-time job, I’ll do laundry or do social media posts or anything else I have time for.
- Change Locations: I work so many hours a day there’s no way I could sit at a desk in the same spot for 12 hours. So, I switch work spots throughout the day. While I work at my desk 11:00-8:00, I usually spend my mornings working on my balcony or in the living room. After 8:00 I’ll work from the couch or while laying in my bed and watching TV.
- Wear Real Clothes: While it’s tempting to stay in your pajamas all day, and I do that sometimes, try and get dressed for the day even if that means sweatpants and a t-shirt. Heck even just putting on a bra is an accomplishment sometimes. It will make you feel more put-together and less likely to slack off.
- Take Breaks: Don’t get stuck at your desk all day! Get up, take a 10-minute walk, stretch on your living room floor or from walk away and close your eyes for a few. Taking breaks keeps your mind from getting too tired and keeps you constantly refreshed.
- Drink Lots of Water: This is just a good life lesson really. But still, sometimes I’ll start working and forget to get up, drink or eat. Keep a full cup of water within reach of you at all times.
- Count Your Blessings: When you get stressed and fed up with work and meetings and you wish you could just lay around, remember that you have a job and you can work from home. Feel grateful and realize how lucky you are.
I’ve been sharing a lot of my day-to-day routine over on my Instagram. Follow me @thehappyfloridian to see more of my daily life!
One thought on “Six Essential Tips for Working From Home”
LikeLiked by 1 person